Thursday, October 14, 2010

FW: Another sola?

Sola Gratia

Sola Fide

Sola Scriptura

Solus Christus

Soli Deo Gloria

Sola…

 

Feed: Weedon's Blog
Posted on: Thursday, October 14, 2010 10:12 AM
Author: wweedon@gmail.com (William Weedon)
Subject: Another sola?

 

In this morning's psalter, I noted a sola I'd not heeded before:

My mouth will tell of your righteous acts,
of your deeds of salvation all the day,
for their number is past my knowledge.
With the mighty deeds of the Lord God I will come;
I will remind them of your righteousness,
yours alone.
--Psalm 71:15,16

The Church has a sole righteousness to extol, to tell of, to praise - and it is the righteousness of God, a righteousness that wrought mighty deeds of salvation.  From manger to cross, from empty tomb to ascension, from the pouring out of the Spirit to the glorious Appearing at the Last Day to usher in the Resurrection Age.  And it's not that that righteousness of God has no effect upon us:  our "righteousness" is simply the result of His righteousness given to us, His life given us to live as our very own.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/WeedonsBlog


View article...