Thursday, March 29, 2012

FW: Into Your Hands I Commit My Spirit

 

Cantemus…

 

Feed: Lutheran Hymn Revival
Posted on: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 9:39 PM
Author: noreply@blogger.com (Amberg)
Subject: Into Your Hands I Commit My Spirit

 

This hymn is for Kurt Ulmer, who got me thinking about Hebrews 9:14.

The tune is the one for "My Song is Love Unknown."

Christ is my life alone,
No pow'r to live have I
Than what the Father's Son
Gave up in his last cry.
His final breath
Declares to me
That I am free
From sin and death.

Men breathe out scorn and lies,
All sinful from their birth,
Nice words cannot disguise
The curse they bring to earth:
Pain, death and grief;
They pass their days
In sinful ways
And unbelief.

As to an open tomb
Our Savior came for us,
To hear, not speak the doom
Against our mortal race;
All men have lied;
This man did not,
But only sought
The lost and died.

Into His Father's hands
He placed his sacrifice,
His Spirit he commends
Through whom He paid the price
With His own blood
Which once he spilt
For all our guilt
And debt to God.

Into my broken heart
His breath breathes life to me;
Nor death nor doubt can thwart
My Lord who sets me free.
He is the pow'r
Of life in death;
The ground of faith
In my last hour.


View article...


View article...