Wednesday, December 7, 2011

FW: Hymns for this Church Year

 

On Hymnody…

 

Feed: Gottesdienst Online
Posted on: Monday, December 05, 2011 7:49 AM
Author: Pr. H. R.
Subject: Hymns for this Church Year

 

Picking the hymns is the most stressful part of preparation for the Divine Service if you ask me. So I am a big fan of the hymn selection guide in the LSB volumes. Here are two more excellent resources.

 

* Here at Gottesdienst we have our own resident hymnologist, the Rev. Dr. Rick Stuckwisch. Search his blog archives for all sorts of information and suggestions. I especially like his lists of hymns ordered by how many times his congregation sings them each year.

 

* Father David Juhl can't put his disc spinning days behind him and still loves to come up with a play list. He plans out the whole year's hymns and then kindly sends them to me - and now I'm sharing it with you here.

 

+HRC


View article...


View article...