Saturday, August 21, 2010

FW: Issues Etc. – Top 5 Hymns

Thanks to lots of friends for the content of this post…

 

Feed: Lutheran Kantor
Posted on: Thursday, August 19, 2010 11:54 PM
Author: Chris
Subject: Issues Etc. – Top 5 Hymns

 

Over the last few days I've been getting caught up on some of the Issue Etc programs that have been diligently downloaded to my iPod.  In particular, I have especially appreciated the 5-part series on the Top 5 hymns voted by Issues Etc listeners.  I anticipated that "Lord, Thee I Love With All My Heart" would make it, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that the top hymn was "God's Own Child, I Gladly Say It."

These are all well worth listening to.  And if you haven't decided to have "God's Own Child, I Gladly Say It" sung at your funeral service, I think you'll be convinced that you might want to add it.

Here are the links to each part of the Issues Etc series.

  1. God's Own Child, I Gladly Say It (Pastor Wil Weedon)
  2. Thy Strong Word (Dr. Arthur Just)
  3. Lord, Thee I Love With All My Heart (Rev. Paul McCain)
  4. The Church's One Foundation (Dr. Arthur Just)
  5. My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less (Pastor Bill Cwirla)

Share/Bookmark

Related posts:

  1. Diving into Hymnody
  2. Joy to the Heart
  3. Easter Joy!


View article...