Saturday, October 22, 2011

FW: How to Copy Text from Your Kindle

 

Useful…

 

Feed: Stand Firm
Posted on: Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:00 AM
Author: Scott Diekmann
Subject: How to Copy Text from Your Kindle

 

I've got the Kindle for iPad app on my iPad, and wanted to copy and paste some quotes from a book I was reading – which isn't an option the app provides. Typing the quotes out manually wasn't a task I particularly relished, so I did a little research. Turns out that any text that you highlight in the app gets saved onto your Kindle page at Amazon.com. Go to http://kindle.amazon.com and log in with your Amazon.com password. Click on "Your Highlights" at the top of the page, and it displays everything you've highlighted in your Kindle product, broken down by book, with the most recently highlighted book first. Then it's a simple matter of copying and pasting what you want. This may seem a bit cumbersome, but with 111 highlighted passages in my book, this saved me a boatload of time. Hopefully it will do the same for you.

If you've got the Kindle on your PC, it is possible to copy and paste, although if you've highlighted a bunch of text, you may prefer the above method.

As an added bonus, it saves the highlighted passages from your Lutheran Study Bible too. Sweet!


View article...


View article...